打印 上一主题 下一主题

[英语类] 9分考官范文

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
oz指南针团队 发表于 2014-7-10 11:47:19
396 1
本帖最后由 oz指南针团队 于 2014-7-10 11:48 编辑

Topic: Some people think that it is better toeducate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boysand girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these viewsand give your own opinion.

Answer:
Some countries have single-sexeducation models, while in others both single sex and mixed schools co-existand it is up to the parents and children to decide which model is preferable.

Some educationalists think thatit is more effective to educate boys and girls in single-sex schoolsbecause they believe this environment reduces distractions and encouragespupils to concentrate on their studies. This is probably true to some extent. Italso allows more equality among pupils and gives more opportunity to all thoseat the school to choose subjects more freely without gender prejudice. For example,a much higher proportion of girls study science to a high level when theyattend girls’ schools than their counterparts in mixed schools do. Similarly,boys in single-sex schools are more likely to take cookery classes and to studylanguages, which are often thought of as traditional subjects for girls.

On the other hand, some experts wouldargue that mixed schools prepare their pupils better for their future lives. Girlsand boys learn to live and work together from an early age and are consequentlynot emotionally underdeveloped in their relations with the opposite sex. They arealso able to learn from each other, and to experience different types of skilland talent than might be evident in a single gender environment.

Personally, I think there areadvantages to both systems. I went to a mixed school, but feel that I myselfmissed the opportunity to specialize in science because it was seen as thenatural domain and career path for boys when I was a girl. So because of that, Iwould have preferred to go to a girls’ school. But hopefully times havechanged, and both genders of student can have equal chances to study what theywant to in whichever type of school they attend.
收藏收藏 分享分享
沙发
stfz 发表于 2014-7-14 12:35:07
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖 搜索
〓 服务信息 | 推荐服务 〓

Copyright @ 2017 OZYOYO.com. All rights reserved.

分享本页

客服号

公众号